Monday, October 8, 2012

Google Timeline gone, but not forgotten

I am loving the "Power Searching with Google" class.  I have been sad for a long time that Google eliminated the timeline feature.  I would have students use this to isolate periods of change or conversation regarding the issues they were researching.  It was very helpful for this purpose and to quickly identify the key thoughts at certain times in history.  While Google Timeline has not been replaced, this video demonstrates how to manually create the same results.  The problem, of course, is that most students don't know what time periods to search but, at least with this tool, once they can figure that out, they still have a way to search within the chosen time period.


Disclaimer: Again, I post this video only with hopes that Google will allow me to display for my own use and yours despite the fact that it was created for a registered user only online course. My apologies if at any point in the future this video becomes unavailable.

No comments: